Classic Car.

TaylorHintz

Jan 20, 2014
So Im thinking of purchasing a old 51 Chevrolet Pick-up. I'm wondering if I should purchase one with a long or short chassis. What is the difference? What are the pros of both of them? Which one would be better for looks, handling, mileage, ect?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Shorts are also worth more typically.

I mean, you can fit more in the bed of a long bed... but shit, You're not buying a 51 to use as a work truck.

Short bed FTW.

if you are going to run full fenders put it on an S10 frame then you have off the shelf lowering kits, v8 swaps, brakes are a ton better, etc....

Thank you. In the summers I help my grandparents. So it'll be used for more of a show car, but also a work car.

2nd one of these threads I have seen today and makes me want to work on my 48 :banghead:

if you are going to run full fenders put it on an S10 frame then you have off the shelf lowering kits, v8 swaps, brakes are a ton better, etc....

ra8yhyje.jpg

S10 frame with V8

Sent from my b hole

That's a beautiful car. Any know where I can get a shifty Chevy to buy for around one grand? I'll be will to go any where for it.

That's a beautiful car. Any know where I can get a shifty Chevy to buy for around one grand? I'll be will to go any where for it.

Auto trader classics
Ebay
Craigslist

Those are your best resources.