Coolant Leak

Cheeny23

Resident Wop
Staff member
Jan 8, 2011
Bakersfield
I recently swapped the top hose b/c the other one kept leaking a bit, flushed and replaced the coolant at the same time.

Checked all the hoses, every connection, no leaks from them. No leak at thermostat, no leak around water pump, and radiator core is all good too, no cracks. Yet there is still a small leak. I can't tell if it's residual coolant left over from the flush that spilt on shit when i pulled the lower hose or if it's new coolant. The flush was done on the 6th, and I've driven the truck maybe 4 times since.

Anyone have any ideas where it could be leaking from if it is?

wiped it yea, letting it sit for the time being with towel underneath. wasnt the lines to the throttle body either

Water pump Gaskets are very common also.

Go to the lcoal loan a tool place anbd get yourself a Coolant pressure tester. Pinch off overflow line, and put 15-18psi on pressure in system. Look for leaks

I checked the water pump gasket first thing bc I just replaced that on my buddies 6.0. Idk ill keep an eye on it.

going to pull the intake, fan, and belts so i can get a closer look.

Last edited:
Just replace old shit otherwise it may create hurdles in summer as repaired coolant ducts will not work properly. Temperature hikes above substantial level. Better is to get other durable ducts that bears coolant pressure.

Last edited:
Threw a new one on. Was leaking at weep hole

288wpau.jpg