Dean's '11 Crew Cab Budget Build

Spot I've been dying to take a pic at. Old closed down bridge on a back road I take to work.

e7e8y4u8.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Actually worked the truck today. Had to get some mulch, landscape blocks, and some 2x4's.

u7u6ypu6.jpg

Used all of that to level out a play fort for my son and to make a mulched in area for it. Got it leveled but ran out of daylight before I could get the mulch down.

anapa6yb.jpg

Yes, really would like to get the undercover flex, but can't afford ~$900 on a bed cover right now. I could probably justify this with the misses.

Truck looks good. If you do the brushguard, the first two you posted are best IMO. I saw a HDX on a super duty the other day, it was fucking massive.

Truck looks good. If you do the brushguard, the first two you posted are best IMO. I saw a HDX on a super duty the other day, it was fucking massive.

Thanks! The brush guard/bumper idea is on hold right now. Don't really have the money for something like that anymore.

I thought about that after the fact unfortunately. My brother has them on his avalanche and they are pretty nice. May look at those at some point and sell the ones I have on now.

Thinking about demolding, debadging, or both here soon, just don't know which route I want to go.

What gauge fishing line should I use if I use that method?

Thinking about demolding, debadging, or both here soon, just don't know which route I want to go.

lol this is a funny point i bought 2 dollar fishing line cause my tackle box and rod is still on the other side of the country :facepalm:

demold and debadge IMO
don't do what i did !! buy some other higher pound fishing line (not $2 dollar home-hardware fishing line)...when i did my old truck i used braided fishing line and did all the badges with a 3 foot piece of line, but everyone has fishing line laying around so just use what you have

Some 8lb line would do fine. Anything will as it's still going to leave glue behind. Still would heat up the letters so the line can slide under the glue better. I didn't leave much behind and I had 8lb line and used a heat gun then very little of the eraser wheel.

I actually don't have any laying around, lol. I'm going to try to play around on paint tonight and see what looks best. I'll probably post the pics up here for more opinions.