Diecast/Model Thread

On the escalade the wheels and tires were from a stupid looking jada hummer concept, the wheels were black i painted them with chrome paint. And the lift is off the jada monster trucks series, then I cut it apart to look more realistic

Last edited:
Anybody else follow lukeshotwheels on insta? Dude does some badass work on custom hotwheels and diecasts.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Ya I looked up his page yesterday and he does some good work. I've done all the engine details on most of my 1/25 models, throttle linkage and return spring, plug wires, battery cables, ac lines, heater hoses etc. But in 1/64 thats some damn fine wire.

Yea he's pretty talented. And he sells them for like $30+ when he's done lol.

Did my first lowered diecast with a wheel swap today. It's decent. Needs a little more work to roll freely but I think it turned out alright. I need a Dremel bad. All off the metal that needed to be cut was done with a hand file lol.

Playing around with ride heights, love the look with it laid out but I definitely need a Dremel to make it roll with it that low

I'm always looking for good wheels for my customs, and nothing really exists for lifted in 1/64. That's why a few of my models are on hold

I think I'm gonna do a 1:24 99 silvy build. These posts are inspiring me lol. Probably do a custom frame built to work as a bagged chassis, tubbed bed, narrowed rear, shaved all around, painted interior, motor details, and hopefully I can find some staggered billet type wheels, something like 24x9/24x14.

Working on a chassis for this one. Hoping it turns out.

e2b26eadee5ad9266f73196dcb96bfae.jpg

Also working on a Ram dually with a lift. Not happy with it yet. Need to fix suspension proportions. Good to know it'll work tho. All dry fit.

87d9e9d162e3e9f9978ca0d2b51f9c50.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 1:64 ram cclb 3500 srw somewhere and I thought it might be cool to throw some 18 wheeler wheels under it an make some dually fenders for it.

I've done a couple duallys but never added the fenders. Did a couple SRW trucks too.

Missing a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Did my first lowered diecast with a wheel swap today. It's decent. Needs a little more work to roll freely but I think it turned out alright. I need a Dremel bad. All off the metal that needed to be cut was done with a hand file lol.

Playing around with ride heights, love the look with it laid out but I definitely need a Dremel to make it roll with it that low

Get a dremel and do it. That stance would be killer! I usually choose stance over rolling. Not like youll be sitting on the floor pushing them around right?

I think I'm gonna do a 1:24 99 silvy build. These posts are inspiring me lol. Probably do a custom frame built to work as a bagged chassis, tubbed bed, narrowed rear, shaved all around, painted interior, motor details, and hopefully I can find some staggered billet type wheels, something like 24x9/24x14.

Should be able to find a set of wheels easily. Buy a Dub City Big Time Muscle with the wheels you want. Lots out there and their not worth a ton of money.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...me+muscle+&_nkw=big+time+muscle+1/24&_sacat=0

Last edited:
Get a dremel and do it. That stance would be killer! I usually choose stance over rolling. Not like youll be sitting on the floor pushing them around right?
I might :secret:

haha, nah I just like the idea of keeping it functional. I need to find some 60-66, 67-72 and 73-87 c10 hotwheels to do. Haven't had any luck locally.

Should be able to find a set of wheels easily. Buy a Dub City Big Time Muscle with the wheels you want. Lots out there and their not worth a ton of money.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...me+muscle+&_nkw=big+time+muscle+1/24&_sacat=0
:shake:
Ha yea hear that. 1 64 has to be the cheapest. I cant imagine doing a detailed 1 18
Most of the models I built when I was younger was 1:18. They were they easiest to customize lol.