Efans for around $100

cknox121

Mar 27, 2012
I have been searching for a while now of a better way to do Electric Fans and think I finally stumbled across something worth a damn so figured I would share! :big_banana_Dance:

I got all this info from PT.net- Heres the link: http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-engine-exhaust-performance-21/e-fans-around-$100-508955/

And heres the link for the fans: http://www.ebay.com/itm/14-Universa...Parts_Accessories&hash=item19d2bac408&vxp=mtr

Im going to give these a shot! Seems like a good way to free up the motor and maybe gain a little HP on a budget.

I saw where someone just mounted them to the radiator with the straps that come with it...not sure if that would cause a gain or loss in CFM :shrug:

personally, I don't see why it wouldn't work, at least better than the clutch. I would buy used LS1 fans for the ease of the assembly though...

personally, I don't see why it wouldn't work, at least better than the clutch. I would buy used LS1 fans for the ease of the assembly though...

this!

I got my ls1's off ebay many moons ago for 80 bucks/ 110 shipped

Only reason I am considering this is because I have metal for the shroud/mount fans to...

:hmm: Thanks brett, will also be keeping an eye out for them. I have considered just finding the fans by themselves for a steel and using them instead of ebays ones.

I saw them. They are for the 28in rad. correct?

Could I put them on toggle switchs?

U have a 6L engine and a 28 in rad ? I got my fans from Schram Auto Parts for 100 shipped( send them an email about old ad on gm-trucks) then got a harness from bb think was around 100. so for 200 bucks I have the oem cooling set up and works great, to me it was worth the extra 100 bucks

U have a 6L engine and a 28 in rad ? I got my fans from Schram Auto Parts for 100 shipped( send them an email about old ad on gm-trucks) then got a harness from bb think was around 100. so for 200 bucks I have the oem cooling set up and works great, to me it was worth the extra 100 bucks

Idk I'm guessing never measured lol.

Might do toggle switches for now, until I get harness and retuned PCM.

Might do toggle switches for now, until I get harness and retuned PCM.

You might want to email BBP, last I talked to Justin (Saturday at TX BBP meet) he told me that he turns on the electric fan pins even if they're not installed. All you should need is the fans + harness.

Oh goodie!

Then I wi get fans, wire for toggle switch till I save for harness and swap ova!

I ran LS1 fans on my 34" radiator for two years with zero issues. I would do this before buying anything aftermarket. Once you have the BBP harness installed you can turn the fans on by turning the AC on and do that until you get a tune for them.