Headers on 99 Silverado

jose.diera

Nov 27, 2014
Question for you guys/gals anyone who can help. Looking to put some long tube headers on my truck which is a 99 Silverado 4wd. Heard from a friend that I would need to change out my whole exhaust. Didn't have much time to talk to ask him what he meant by that so im asking you guys. What does he mean by that and do any of you know of a good header brand?

You won't NEED to change out everything. Cal Speed, Texas Speed, Speed Engineering and obx are a few to start looking at as far as headers go. You'll want a y pipe with the headers. From there you just decided if you like your current muffler. The sound will change quite a bit if you do not run cats. Running them us up to you and your state requirements.

I run Cal Speed, I like them, and have had them installed about 3 years.

I appreciate the information im currently running with no muffler and cats I need states requirements. As for the Y pipe that is a must?

might have to do a little hammering to fit calspeeds. i did on my 2000 4x4. best bang for buck and fitment would be ceramic pacesetters. get the y pipe too.