Help newbie 05 Chevy Silverado 2wd spindle lift question

Cheeva316

Jan 31, 2014
I have 2 rough country spindles that give my front end a 3" lift (so I was told) along with add a leafs an if needed hub extenders.

I already have 18" aftermarket wheels on the truck

I'm new to suspension lifts so my question:
Is there anything else I need besides an alignment to complete this 3" lift with the spindles? Change out anything oem or missing other parts to complete this job?

Please, an thank you for reading.

2005 Chevy Silverado 1500
2wd
18" wheels
crewcab

I have these spindles and did not need to change anything out. it might be a good time to replace some front end parts if anything is worn though, and I had to do some trimming on my bumper, but that is it.

if your shocks are in good shape they wont need replacing for a simple spindle lift, it will not change your shock stroke at all. I have ran stock length shocks for about 40k mi. Good luck and welcome to the site!

Thank you both for your responses, I do have new front end parts I will be replacing also.
Again thank you

You would benefit from new shocks.

not with spindles. all it does is drop the placement of the hub. shock travel length remains unchanged.

OP, as said, while your in there, take a look at your BJs and Tie rods. If they need replacing, do them now. Install is straight forward. Your going to have to re-strap brake lines (cut off old brackets, ziptie it in new places).

Before going for a drive, and your still on the stands. Go lock to lock to make sure no pinching or stretching of cables.

post pics when done! :shake: