Hey guys, just joining the forum

There's very few dropped trucks I like, but yours has made the list. Looks good!

Thanks bro. 95% of my friends think I ruined my truck by lowering it, but I've had lowered trucks ever since 97'. And since I sold my last silverado two years ago, I've regretted it ever since. Had to get another one. Appreciate the compliment

6uhu3abe.jpg

Streets of San Diego.

I hear something about my truck being worthless/pointless/stupid/undrivable everyday but no one ever says it doesn't look good :cheeky: so I take it they are just jealous. ...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

And I hear stuff all the time about my truck being "ruined" and a "waste" of a truck, it's even worse when they find out its 4wd

It's $3.85 out here. How much is it where you live? It will probably go up over $4 when summer hits here in sd. Always does

About $3.30 here :shrug:

And I hear stuff all the time about my truck being "ruined" and a "waste" of a truck, it's even worse when they find out its 4wd

About $3.30 here :shrug:

Everything looks lowered. When I get old, I'm slamming my wheel chair. 2wd/4wd, it's all the same. I tell my friends, this isn't a work truck, I'm not going to go off roading and fuck up my truck, this is a sports truck, and no I'm not going to to help you move.

:rofl: yea I'm the same way, if I do lift this truck or buy a truck to lift it will never see mud and I will already have a slammed truck at home :imo:

I fill up with 93 octane and spend between $85-$92 almost everytime. I like to run octane booster also but have been slacking lately since I've been saving like a tightwad. Need to get the ball rolling on my coilover/4-link susp setup....

Thanks bro. 95% of my friends think I ruined my truck by lowering it, but I've had lowered trucks ever since 97'. And since I sold my last silverado two years ago, I've regretted it ever since. Had to get another one. Appreciate the compliment

Most guys around here think the same thing, I can appreciate lowered trucks just as much as nice lifted ones tho. Would love to build a RCSB NBS GMC street truck like Bgray's.

I hear something about my truck being worthless/pointless/stupid/undrivable everyday but no one ever says it doesn't look good :cheeky: so I take it they are just jealous. ...

I can see that in south Ga lol

Not gonna lie, I'd probably give you the :bertstare: the first time you told me but then I'd be like that's badass lol

Question... C notch the rear and leave it with a 7 inch drop or lower one more inch to 8 and fill up my air shock to level out? I need to c-notch it regardless. Shop is willing to lower it 1" for free but don't know if I should or not. What do you guys think?

Truck looks really good man. What shop did the work for you BTW? I'll have to keep an eye out for you around SD, looks like you live in PB area. I'm leveled now, but am always considering going down. That 5/7 on stock 20's looks perfect.

5/7 is a dope static look, that absolute lowest I would ever consider. I am going to give it a shot and see how I like it. Sad part about the stock wheels is everyone is doing it more and more. But it is what it is, I love the look.

Truck looks really good man. What shop did the work for you BTW? I'll have to keep an eye out for you around SD, looks like you live in PB area. I'm leveled now, but am always considering going down. That 5/7 on stock 20's looks perfect.

I live in pb, have been for the last 12 years. The shop is so-cal suspension in el cajon. Guys name is Eric. Good guy. They will drop your truck 5/7 for 1200 installed, including alignment. 6/8 maybe an extra $100 if you do it all at once.

Last edited:
5/7 is a dope static look, that absolute lowest I would ever consider. I am going to give it a shot and see how I like it. Sad part about the stock wheels is everyone is doing it more and more. But it is what it is, I love the look.

I like how it looks, I'll probably slap some 22's on it soon, but for now, it was $300 to trade in my 275/55/20 for 275/45/20 tires and ride it out until I can save up $1800 or so on a nice set of 22's.

I live in pb, have been for the last 12 years. The shop is so-cal suspension in el cajon. Guys name is Eric. Good guy. They will drop your truck 5/7 for 1200 installed, including alignment. 6/8 maybe an extra $100 if you do it all at once.

Awesome, ya that shop does good work. Regarding the color matching, I'd just do your mirror caps, handles, and GMC emblem. Looks nice with the bumpers and grill shell in chrome, especially on a black truck.