hitch and recievers

Fourstar07

Jan 23, 2011
thinking about putting a hitch on my truck, of course for the purpose of it and i could use a little weight in the bed to smooth the ride out

what do you guys have, seen, or recomend, i'm kinda looking for more of a stealth one that doesn't look so damn big, maybe that'll hide behind the license plate...idk just looking for idears, post your drop spec too...:lemon:

I have a "regular" one, did a little reconstructive surgery on it to make it hug my bumper closer. I'll try and put it back on tomorrow and show post some pics. I'm at 4/6

Yep what they said
I lowered and drug mine to much
Had to cut it place it closer to bumper and weld back

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

thats just a brand, not really hidden

^^This.

Hitches that go behind the plate only works with roll pans. Unless you have one custom made, it won't go behind the plate on the bumper. I have a Curt MFG hitch on the Sierra and all you see is the opening for the ball mount and the hooks for the chains. The cross tube is entirely behind the bumper. I can get a pic in a few.

Mainly what you want is a hitch that has the ball mount opening BELOW the cross bar, all the ones from Hidden Hitch for our trucks have the opening in the center of the bar. That means you will see the entire cross bar below your bumper. DNW.

Last edited:
Buy the hitch where the actual draw tight sits in the tubing so it's flush with your bumper
Other hitch has about a 2inch spacer which makes it sit under the tubing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

2012-09-10_10-27-43_283.jpg

Just get this shit

Damn that shit is clean. Link to receiver? I wanna see if it has a lower load rating than mine. Would look awesome with no spare tony!

Yeah, it would but don't want to put it in the bed. Have been thinking about getting a small donut tire to put under there so you don't see it. Really doesn't bother me that much tbh.

CURT Manufacturing | CURT Manufacturing - CURT Trailer Hitch #13332

Weight 48
UPC 612314133321
Receiver Tube Size 2 In.
Weight Carrying Capacity 6000 Lbs.
Tongue Weight 600 Lbs.
Weight Distribution (WD) 10000 Lbs.
WD Tongue Weight 1000 Lbs.

I don't even know how much mine was. My dad bought it for me when I was 16 partly because he needed a tow vehicle occasionally after he traded in his dodge for a Hyundai lol. That's a super nice hitch though I wanna get a stainless drawbar and ball because I'm tired of mine looking like shit

Exact reason I have one with a stainless adapt-a-ball with three different balls to it. Normally it's not in the hitch, I had to tow my neighbors boat the other day to the storage shed he has and I just forgot to take it out.