Intermediate steering shaft and bearing

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
I have some horrible bump steer, and weird rattling from my truck, upon a search it seems it could be these. Anyone have experience? I want to try this before buying spindles.

I think I had mine replaced under warranty on my '00. Seems like I still had weird noises though.

Intermediate steering shafts will cause a clunk through the steering wheel, but never had a customer complain of bumpsteer or other issues. Usually never rattle either, Just get a really bad clunk through the wheel and thud sound.

Still need spindles

I have one that I have yet to install because mine clunks pretty bad. Thought it was related to my bumpsteer also until I lowered the truck. That got rid of it for me

"Intermediate Shaft Clunk - Intermediate shaft clunk is heard and FELT in the steering wheel and/or steering column area typically while driving on rough road surfaces with steering wheel input."

Intermediate steering shafts will cause a clunk through the steering wheel, but never had a customer complain of bumpsteer or other issues. Usually never rattle either, Just get a really bad clunk through the wheel and thud sound.

Still need spindles

I have crazy bumpsteer, everything has been replaced...everything. Shocks, TREs, BJs, coils. Could the bumpstops cause bumpsteer? I was just going to remove my spacer for a 3" drop for now. Still need tires, can't find any used ones. don't want to buy new right now

I have crazy bumpsteer, everything has been replaced...everything. Shocks, TREs, BJs, coils. Could the bumpstops cause bumpsteer? I was just going to remove my spacer for a 3" drop for now. Still need tires, can't find any used ones. don't want to buy new right now

Everything except spindles...if you don't want to get tires swap in stock coils and run the spindles :shrug: dunno dude, seems like the last big thing you haven't done.

Well to start, when the suspension was put back together, how whewre the UCA and LCA tightened? Suspension loaded or unloaded?

Alignment can be a huge cause of bumpsteer, do you have a print off?

I am getting it re-aligned tomorrow, I can't remember brandon how it was tightened, I would guess unloaded. But it has been like this BEFORE the parts were replaced!