Low oil pressure on a 1500 gmc sierra

travis.smith.581730

Jul 10, 2014
www.facebook.com
I have a 1500 gmc sierra truck when I start it it's between 0 and 40 . When I push the gas it goes up to 40 when I release it goes back in between 0 and 40. Does anyone have idea what it might be??

He didn't say it had 0 psi.

My guess is that you actually do have low oil pressure and it's not a sending unit. Usually when they go out they peg at 0 or 80
mine said 80, i looked down and almost shit a brick thought la gringa was about to catch on fire and burn to the ground after blowing pushrods through the hood

mine said 80, i looked down and almost shit a brick thought la gringa was about to catch on fire and burn to the ground after blowing pushrods through the hood

That's better than my new sensor that pegged at 0 right after my motor swap that I did bc of low pressure. Scared the fuck out of me.

What year is the vehicle? I have a 2003 1500HD and the stepper motor had to be replaced. The 01-05 are notorious for that. In fact there was a recall. I also replaced the sending unit at one point but the indicator there was it pegged out. The stepper motor was more flaky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk