mud terrain reviews/personal experience

How are they in the snow? Always loved the sidewall on them

Buddies Cummins did good in the snow with them but its is also right at 8000 pounds with a full tank of fuel so I think slicks would be find in snow on that thing lol.

Any Mud Terrain is going to do crappy compared to a good A/T on packed snow and ice conditions. Sure, they'll be bawss in the deep shit, but most of my driving (at least here in Maine) was on the plowed but still snowy roads. They all suck in those types of conditions. Forget it on ice. I never went off the road or anything in my NNBS with the Trail Graps, but there were definitely some "pucker factor" situations. My OBS with Terra Graps did much better in those types of conditions. If I had another truck, I'd still run M/Ts though because I'm willing to deal with all of that for the looks.

My MTRs did good on packed and decent on ice, no where near as good as my ATS but the mtrs were wider and load range d the ats were actually a p rated suv tire so they flexed like crazy and had a ton of siping

How are they in the snow? Always loved the sidewall on them

I would say OK. On grade on packed ice in 2wd they dug out and spun. My dad's stock goodyears barley slipped. For MT they were ok. 4wd they would go anywhere.

Man, you just hear horror stories every once in awhile. There is plenty of people who run them and have great results, if they didnt do the job and do it safely do think those tires would still be in production, prolly not. And it's just like anything else when people are getting a good deal these days they have to assume it's to good to be true and they pick every little thing a part. I dont think they are a bad tire at all my buddy has been running them and hasnt had a single problem with them. Once i get my truck i will probably have those in a 33 12.50 20

well thats not something I wanted to hear.

For $900 shipped, thought they wouldnt be that bad.

Just me personally, I've seen 4 sets in person and several more online that the tread separated from the carcass. DNW. That's a little more extreme than the occasional blem that the big manufacturers have every once in a while. Just my .02 tho

Sent from TapaTwat

Just me personally, I've seen 4 sets in person and several more online that the tread separated from the carcass. DNW. That's a little more extreme than the occasional blem that the big manufacturers have every once in a while. Just my .02 tho

Sent from TapaTwat

Exactly! You have to understand that everything is going to have some sort of failure rate. It seems like the federals have a higher than normal failure rate. I just don't want to take that risk with my truck, and definitely not worth risking lives over cheap tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk