My 06 VMax

JoshA

Indecisive
Dec 9, 2010
Merced, CA
Well realized I didn't have a thread on here.

2006 Chevy Silverado VortecMax
-Airaid Jr
-Cal Speed Longtubes (POS, removing soon) with no cats
-Bullet into a Magnaflow round muffler (can't recall length)
-HD2 Shift Kit
-Shaved Tailgate
-Colormatched plastics and headlights
-Escalade Handles
-17x10 Weld Sidewinders
-265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers
-Magnacharger MP112 polished (need to install)
-9.5" FTS in my garage too (need to install or sell) :facepalm:

Pics from today.

20140105_165619_HDR_zpskcweocmf.jpg

20140105_165640_zps9wr6fysm.jpg

20140105_165655_HDR_zpsuy25as8o.jpg

Just because it's pretty. Polished MP112. :naughty:

null_zpsesb1d9wt.jpg

I just had issues from the start. I was one of the first 4wd trucks to install their lts and they had them advertised to fit 4wd trucks. I'm not going to raise a huge stink about it, but I will let others know my issues. I had to dent some areas on the primaries which is no big deal for the price. My issue was the outlet of the header literally rested on the diff yoke. So there went my 4wd which is where I should have put my stock manifolds back on right then. Frustrating that they advertised it to fit 4wd but for the price and if I had a 2wd truck I probably would go for them or lpp.

With that said I'm going with ARH once I remove these.

Last edited:
Well, that is frustrating. I don't think many have successfully ran csp on a 4x4. There are some...I've read on pt.net, but it seems few and far between!

Well, that is frustrating. I don't think many have successfully ran csp on a 4x4. There are some...I've read on pt.net, but it seems few and far between!

Yeah exactly. It's one of those situations where for the price I honestly can't complain much, but still I remember (as well as others) when they claimed their headers fit 4wd. O well.

No biggy, just now I'm either going back to stock manifolds or dropping some coin for ARH.

Stock flow petty well. But for fi lts would be beneficial. Any new gun stuff?

Yeah very true.

Um finally bought a full size pistol besides my revolvers :cool: Just a basic 4" XD45 and I picked up a complete Spikes lower and matching it with my extra Wilson's Combat 458 Socom upper receiver that was sent to me on accident. :evil: Finally building a 223 so I also ordered a WC BCG and BCM 16" light weight barrel (government profile I think they're called?)

I bought the complete spikes lower before the new year since Cali has a gay law registering all long guns now like pistols. I have another noveske stripped chainsaw lower but I'll save that for a future build.

So nothing too intensive, but something to keep me busy. What about yourself man? It's been a while.

Nope, no builds. Did a few things here and there, small stuff. Orderig a new holster for my 1911 this week.

Loved this truck when it was on 20" welds. Still looks good just not a fan of tires. Get that Maggie on NOW!

Last edited:
If the forum members don't push Josh, he will never install that Maggie!

Damn you :crazy: You are right though.

thats wills old truck right? sounds like you have some good plans for it.

Yes sir. I bought it off him around December 2011.

Loved this truck when it was on 20" welds. Still looks good just not a fan of tires. Get that Maggie on NOW!

Thanks man I liked the 20s but just wanted them wider as they were 8.5s and didn't like them being chrome. I need to lol I'm thinking the weekend after this one.

Install the lift too!!! Love the rims.

I want to but I don't know why I'm hesitant on it :rofl: Thanks man.

josh, is that the SC that was for sale on gmfs? :hng:

I believe so as he's a gmfs member. I found it on pt and he's a fairly local guy.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk