NNBS Denali 1500 system in the mail

lknox21

Sep 10, 2013
All,

I have a whole slew of parts coming in to upgrade the sound in the NNBS Denali. So far I will be installing the following:

1 pair of Focal PS165
1 pair of Focal PC165
1 Pioneer avh-x8500bhs
1 Rockford fosgate pbr500x1
1 Rockford fosgate pbr300x4
2 jl 8w7

I've already got the w7s from my previous vehicle and a box is being built at car toys to go under the seat. I have a crap ton of Fat mat (3' x 150') to do the doors and the back wall. Not looking to rattle my teeth but to get good quality mids and a few features added to the truck. My previous vehicle was an 07 escalade shown below. I put a $1300 set of rainbow 3 ways, a 5 channel amp and those w7s. The amp blew three months into having the system installed and it was not worth the $ paid. I do like quality goods but after hearing that caddy I know I can get better for the money. Now I just need Jared to let me have an install gathering at his house...

c1a50457.jpg

Last edited:
PDX-V9. I have a feeling it was poor placement under the seat and it was in the middle of the longest 100* streak in Dallas history.

It sounded great while it was still working. The dynomat in the doors and back hatch really worked well. With the bass hitting it's hardest and the doors closed you couldn't hear a peep. I kick myself every day for selling it and buying that damn hummer. The sierra is almost identical to the caddy plus now I have a bed to carry shit. Soon the truck will look just as pimp.

yea, i bet the heat did it in. i just priced out all my new audio equipment yesterday. to say the least, ima need to find a briefcase full of money if im gonna buy it all..

I got some of the parts in the mail. The amps are smaller and the speakers are heavier than I imagined. I should be getting the head unit some time today as well.

948AB59F-87A5-4169-980C-8EA31E859A9A_zpsnfz1cn1t.jpg

9B3DF427-9BB0-46F6-8039-75F9B3A60709_zpstg07lnur.jpg

Last edited:
Got the cables and some of the other installation parts in the mail today and I found something more annoying that the small styrofoam peanuts.....shredded styrofoam. It gets everywhere! Worse than Iraqi sand. It got everywhere before I even opened the box and I ended up having to vacuum my living room after it was all done.

I have to leave around 3pm fgt! You want to come over early and do it? Your salsa container is still here too, most of it is gone, too much garlic after it set a day! Still nom as fuck. Come over for partial install friday night and we can do dinner too...I think we are going to go out.

I already told you I was going to be seeing Lone Survivor on the 10th (btw thats Friday) hence the reason why I suggested Saturday. Im just going to let that sink in...

i love my focals.. which cartoys is building your box i had the one by northeast mall build mine