No oil pressure in 09 silvy

brucebruce45

Mar 24, 2012
Last night carrot an I were headed to town, hopped in my truck and it said low oIl pressure and the gauge read 0. Fuck. Well a buddy couple months prior with an 07 had the same problem an his sensor just went out. So we let it run for about 10 secs an could tell it wasn't gettin oil so we shut it down. Had plenty of oil, etc. Got it towed in this morning and the stealership says they can't get to it till Monday, and it has no warranty. I asked why he says bc it has aftermarket headers, no cats and an intake. Csb. None of that will make the oil pump fail. I have a feeling this is gonna be a big pain in my ass. Will keep pOsted with results.

word use that against them, i brought my truck in when the sunshell blew up. Fully expecting to hear all about it because i had 4:88s and stock tires and it was on 6/9 at the time. Not a word besides telling me it was lower than the Vette's they see. Fully replaced sunshell under warranty.

Magnuson Ferguson act. Toss it in their face and they have to warranty it. I get work done on my truck all the time and no issues

update: gotta call about 230 today service guy is now saying over the weekend metal shavings are now in the pan. wtf? the truck hasnt supposed to move under its own power since last friday. come to find out they have driven my truck twice to move it with no oil pressure. now the guys saying since there are now shavings in the pan i might wanna purchase a new motor for $7k. he then says i qoute "how about i just let you come up here and get it and let somebody else work on it. i don't have a cherry picker big enough to even pull the motor"

im working at the fd today and cant go up there to talk to anybody till tomorrow. the only thing they have done since my truck has been there since last friday, almost 2 weeks is drop the oil pan. thats it, they still havnt done any work to see whats wrong with it.

That's bullshit they moved it knowing it has no oil pressure. Any competent mechanic should know better than that. It's sad how badly dealerships have gotten nowadays. Their techs don't know jack, they treat the customers like shit and they do stupid stuff like this all the time. I hope to god it gets resolved dude. I'd be raising holy hell if I were you. That was a simple oil pump fix most likely and like you said, you woulda paid for it. Now they've caused a much bigger problem. I wouldn't give them a dime

Id tell them that they werent supposed to run it and that there was no way the 10 seconds you ran it hurt the motor, wich is completly true, that shouldnt hurt it a bit. Obviously when they ran it, they hurt it.

I bet my money it's the crappy AFM lifters! When you get a new motor order a DOD delete kit, Problem Solved!

Update: got le silvy back running, replaced oil pump and engine sounds fine thank god. Fuck the dealership will never take anything there ever. Gotta work tomorrow so I'll probably go by the dealership Monday an tell em what's up buncha assholes