Not happy with Spikes Tactical customer service or quality control

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
I understand this is a vehicle related forum...so save it.

I have been posting this on all the forums I am on in hopes that Spikes will finally take notice.

About 9 months ago I bought my first stripped lower from AIM, I got the ever so popular spider lower. I was completely stoked...that was until I built it and but my ARP upper on it. I quickly found it difficult to release my rear takedown pin. After messing around with it I asked a few guys who knew more than I did about AR's. It was our conclusion that the tolerances were just a tad out of spec. Eventually I emailed Spikes. I spoke with a couple guys, the last was Miles Stump (iirc). I have to go back and look at my emails! Well, they kept claiming it was my upper, so I took it to a friend, slapped on his spikes upper, then a stripped spikes receiver, same issue, slapped my wife's PSA upper, same issue, my new LAR built upper still has the same issue, as did my father-in-law's RRA upper. They sent me a new takedown, didn't help.

I've been in touch with them, and they simply refuse to address the situation, at one time I went as far to say I would video tape it if they didn't believe me, in which they suggested I do so. Come on, do you really expect me to do all this? I bought it new, from a distributor, not used from someone online! All I want is it to be replaced with one that is not out of spec...nothing more, nothing less.

Am I wrong for wanting my money's worth?

As of today, they were supposed to call me twice now, never did, then emailed me to call them, in which I couldn't get through. After leaving yet another voicemail, and more emails, I am still left holding the bag.

If you had good luck with them, good on you. This is not to BASH them, they produce quality stuff, but as with anything else in life, things happen, it's what you choose to do when problems arise that make you who you are!

Shame on you Spikes

I've posted them on 5-6 other forums, I will update this as needed.

24480932.jpg

....its guns though right?

Sounds like they need to exchange with you a new lower lol. Doesn't seem to tough IMO

As for not responding to your emails and responding to phone calls I'm sure they are busy as fuck because of CT, etc trying to get stuff out as fast as they can.

Still no excuse, I had to go through extraordinary lengths to get BMF to replace my wheels, video taping, hi-res pictures, 50+ emails and countless phone calls every day to those fuckign idiots. Shipment dates blown over and over, etc. It gets old.

I would continue to call until you get through.

edit:
Andrew fap fap fap Spiral gray do want /side convo