OBS Lowering Questions

BigBoi

Mar 14, 2012
St George SC
Looking for advice and info. Still debating on 4/6, 4/7, 5/7 or 5/8. I've googled about a few hundred times and haven't really come up with any clear results. Most of the forums just have picture gallery threads with no info or specs.

I'm looking for pics to help decide. Anybody have any rcsb pics, preferably on stocks, of these drops?

Next question; what's the best way to achieve the drop? I see a lot of ppl using springs/spindles. Is that the best? What brands to go with for each part? Does anyone have any parts for sale?

Thanks.

That gold one :hng: I've seen it so many times in Google images and tried to find specs but it always goes to a gallery. That is EXACTLY what I want. Need to figure out what size tires he's running since I have those wheels.

This one is 4/6 on 235/70 up front and 235/75 out back
DSCN0536.jpg

DSCN0537.jpg

I didn't do enough research before I bought brand new tires Sunday and bought 235/75, thinking they would be small enough. I've seen a few on 75s at 4/6 but none any lower. Fml.

Yea I have a feeling 75s might rub a little up front on 4/6 and definitely lower.. maybe they will work for 4/7 and you can roll that until they wear out then go smaller and drop to 5/8

I must have read that wrong when I first woke up lol.

Soooo what brands of parts should I get? I'd be fine with mixing and matching seeing how I'll probably order it in pieces.

On OBS i think 5/7 looks best. I like a tiny tad rake on the older body style. Those 454ss wheels look ehh though. Get some 18" billets for that sick 90s look

this ones 5/7 on 454ss, it looks clean. I think color matched OBS look lame. Old bodes should have chrome

j3.jpg

One thing I've never really been a fan of is billet wheels. Especially on a lowered truck. I'm trying to stay away from the typical 90s truck with billets and crazy paint. I want it to look 100% stock but slammed. I'm more of a fan of backyard builds than show trucks. I know. I'm retarded.

And drop size all depends on what I decide with my tires. Ideally I'd do what Dakota said and run 4/7 now then when I either buy new tires or when these wear down a little, I'd go 5/8. But I was consulting with a vendor earlier who said with my truck being a V6, that the front drop may be .5" less than advertised. I need to talk with Smith and see if he dealt with that. If its true, then I might try 5/8 off the rip.

Last edited:
With my tires being 1/2" taller and the possibility of losing 1/2" of drop due to my smaller motor, I'm thinking hard about 5" up front.

The belltech website says they don't offer any front drop pieces for my truck. You wouldn't happen to have the part number for yours would you?

And stupid question, do they come as a pair? I'd assume so since it doesn't ask which side of the truck they're for but I wanna make sure.