pickitapart V.1

notorious

Automotive Art
Apr 22, 2012
Haven't rendered any vehicles in a while, but my Dad wanted to see what one of his dream trucks would look like.

It's not as clean/crisp as I usually do, but since it was a side project I didn't rebrush everything.

He basically wanted a '66 Stepside, lifted, BFGs with white letters out, black steelies with small Chevy centercaps, and Cortez silver from the '69 Camaro (and other models).

btrunvF.jpg

So, pick it apart and tell me what sucks about it so I can fix it. I stare at these things so long that it's tough for me to catch the little things.

Last edited:
Didn't know you did renders man....looks good, I suck at picking things like this apart. Only thing that caught my eye was trying to figure out what the shadow in the passenger side window was from/suppose to be.

The only thing that looks odd to me is the front wheel well

Yes, every source I could find the entire wheel well is darkened so much you can't really see anything. The one I did find showed what I made, but I agree that it looks odd.

Didn't know you did renders man....looks good, I suck at picking things like this apart. Only thing that caught my eye was trying to figure out what the shadow in the passenger side window was from/suppose to be.

I do, and although they're time consuming, I definitely enjoy them. Problem is they come and go in phases and once they go, they go for a while.

I think the shadow you're referencing is the rear view mirror.

Which reminds me that I have to add the reflection of the overhang of the roof onto the windshield...and I also have to see if my Dad wants the C10 badges on it...EDIT, and I forgot the trim/handle for the vent windows...

Here are two of my main sources, btw:

http://chevy.jeromio.com/pic20091208T143610-000011.jpg
http://www.autotraderclassics.com/images/a/2011/07/12/66446425/0_087.JPG

Last edited:
I do, and although they're time consuming, I definitely enjoy them. Problem is they come and go in phases and once they go, they go for a while.

I think the shadow you're referencing is the rear view mirror.

Which reminds me that I have to add the reflection of the overhang of the roof onto the windshield...and I also have to see if my Dad wants the C10 badges on it...

It is the rearview mirror :shake: Looks good though man! One of these days I'll break down and pay someone to make one of mine for some motivation since I can't do them myself. I think your dad will like it for sure.

It is the rearview mirror :shake: Looks good though man! One of these days I'll break down and pay someone to make one of mine for some motivation since I can't do them myself. I think your dad will like it for sure.

I will add "make the mirror look more like a mirror" to my changes.

Let me know when one of these days comes around!

Updated with corrections made:

HZzeVCp.jpg

(Decided to ditch the rearview since it looked funny)