Rear taillights/marker lights wiring troubles

BARBER

Black on Black
Mar 21, 2012
Owanka, SD
On my '08 I've dealt with a hyperflash problem on my left turn signal and it all started after I had bodywork done on both sides of my bed a few years back. I've just lived with it this entire time. I swapped in new bulbs and if I remember correctly, one of the bulbs doesn't light up when brakes are applied on the right taillight. All the marker lights light up. I got a new right hand taillight harness coming along with a new harness junction box that mounts under the bed. Note, I don't have any LED bulbs up front or rear.

Along with the taillights, I developed a short in my license plate lights. The left LED bulb started blinking like a strobe light. Thought it was the bulb. Replaced it with another LED 194 I had around and it doesn't completely light up like it should. Got a slight flicker to it and half the LEDs don't light up. Wiggle the bulb and some LEDs may light up or go away. I plan on purchasing a new harness as well if the junction box doesn't fix the plate light problems. I do have some new 194 LEDs coming in case if it is my bulbs that are screwy.

Has anyone ran into similar gremlins like this. I'll attempt the new junction box, taillight harness and probably all new bulbs and see if it doesn't correct it. I also got a spare left hand taillight harness leftover from my Dad's 08 I could throw in as well too.

Yea thinking I'll start with it and make sure my connections are good before I go and get a license plate light harness. I had no issues until the bed got repair and repainted.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk