Important!: Renderings

Everyone has their own style when it comes to renders.

I try to be as realistic as possible, but I also like mine to be clean with a lot of details. I get rid of a lot of reflections and imperfections in the source image, which sometimes lends to the "cartoon" look.

SurfaceDVD, Graphic Disorder, EyeKandy, and KEG are all sources of inspiration for me. GD and EyeKandy no longer offer them.

I'm sure each artist could pick apart each other's work, but there are some I wouldn't recommend on a technical level, but their work is passable for the casual customer.

If I could pull off one from Keg Media for a decent price I'd like to go that way.

I really just can't Justify a $300 picture with school and Christmas coming up.

Just got an email back from Keg Media. They'll be working me up a quote in the morning.

:success:

If my truck got into a magazine, id probably shit my pants.

I have used Robbie & Brian at KEG Media since Robbie got started. I find their prices are reasonable. Most of their renderings get published in the magazines and attract attention of potential sponsors.

ymy7yjun.jpg

Keg media quoted me out at $375 for a 2 view rendering or $225 for single.

Maybe some day, but not for this build.

Emailed KP again asking if there was any way to haggle on the price and they said the prices emailed to me were wrong.

2 view - $200
1 view - $125

So I'm going with them. Hopefully I'll be able to get it before Christmas.maybe

I guess to some people these are cool, but I've never seen the purpose of getting a rendering. there's a lot of things I could do with $200-$300. I guess its just easy for me to visualize something in my head that I don't need a rendering and the fact that I do not like 2 tone's, graphics, or anything like that.

I guess to some people these are cool, but I've never seen the purpose of getting a rendering. there's a lot of things I could do with $200-$300. I guess its just easy for me to visualize something in my head that I don't need a rendering and the fact that I do not like 2 tone's, graphics, or anything like that.

I'm getting a special deal on mine. The biggest thing for me is to present to people for sponsors, which I've had a lot of interest in as of lately. I can picture it in my head, but I want everyone else to be able to see what I see as well.

Also, it can be a deciding factor on a few things, wether I want my grill bar chrome or color matched, tail lights, my tailgate graphic, and just the all around scheme. I'd rather have someone computer generate it, have me love it or hate it and be able to change it before I waste my time/money on making it reality. And sure, it may only take a week to change it, but in a state where you only have 3 months to drive it, a week is a big chunk of time.

And I don't know if you've felt like I have before, it seems like there's never been a period of time for more than maybe a month or two that your truck has been torn apart. Mines going on a year and 2 months, and will be a full year and a half at soonest before it sees the road.

Last edited:
I've just never been indecisive about the direction I want to go or what I want to do. When I begin something, I have planned it out and made sure everything I need is ready to go on. Selling your build to a company is hard to do even with a rendering. It was hard to sell them on mine and it is actually built. after talking for a couple months regularly with the company rep, and them researching the help I give online, they gave them as introductory sponsorships. Being beneficial to the company is the key. having a badass truck is not the most important thing when it comes to sponsorships. plenty of people having badass builds that get no recognition, and there are some very minimal builds that get it. for example, mine. I'm not bodied, my truck is a factory color, none of suspension can be seen, My wheels are the norm for bagged nbs and at the time of getting the sponsors, no engine mods had been done. It's about putting yourself out there and make yourself a beneficial asset. I don't think the people that sponsor me for the truck I built or to have their equipment on it. Hell I had all the sponsors equipment on my truck before I ever got sponsored. I think they use my involvement in answering questions online and the fact there are no dealers for Air ride in my area. I can't even keep count with the amount of questions I answer daily about air ride and wheels.

the first bagged build is always the hardest to get done. You have to get your name out there before you get anything back. I can't tell you how much I've saved my buddy on his avalanche.

Big 10-4 on all of that.

Most of the sponsors that I'm currently trying to pick up are local people, not accuair or Bonspeed or anyone big.

The big thing for these companies isn't if I know their product inside, but merely that they have their name on something and that I can provide advertising to prospective clients. But, I know their products anyways. lol

And we're similar in a way, because as far as my area goes, air ride is magic and isn't understood by anyone but me and a select few others, but, as my truck comes together, I'm getting a lot of questions and try to spend my knowledge as accurately as possible.

Here's a few things I'd like to get done for the state as well, wether it's becoming a dealer or being sponsored.

Accuair, because with our roads, accuracy is key. No one here sells it.

Intro or Raceline, because we have a TON of hot rodders, classic car enthusiast and many other projects that can and will buy billet wheels.

Kinetik, because no one here sells them, we have a lot of stereo buffs, and as I understand it they are great for diesels and cars that run in cold climates.

Already a dealer for AVS.

Im pretty indecisive but I can usually pan ideas out in my head to figure out if I'm gonna like it or not. For example, i want to shave the all of the bed of my truck and possibly do a color change on it. But im not sure if I'm gonna like it and to do that amount of work to a truck/vehicle will be a lot of time/money. So spending a couple hundred to steer my mind isn't that bad to me. I've spent more money on worse things.

I do them as well as a side job. Ive had a couple featured in truckin in the past but I got to a point where my first job was working me so much I couldnt do any. But the past few weeks Ive picked up and doing some here and there. KEG, Surface, and Graphic Disorder were all my inspiration to start doing them.

Here is some of mine
Renderings - a set on Flickr