SAX-125.4 randomly shuts off

Oct 16, 2011
SoCal
Ive got an amp rack built into my ported box with a single SA-12. Sometimes when Im playing deep/hard bass the SAX will shut off. Ive got to turn my HU off/on and its fine again. Could the vibration from the box be causing this?

Check all of the wires and fuses and make sure nothing is loose, vibration could be causing it to loose connection
Not really sure what else it may be, id start there and see what you come up with..I know ive run into this problem with a previous system but cant remember what it was, for the life of me

Ive got an amp rack built into my ported box with a single SA-12. Sometimes when Im playing deep/hard bass the SAX will shut off. Ive got to turn my HU off/on and its fine again. Could the vibration from the box be causing this?

Front stage goes silent and cant get it back until i shut HU off and back on. It just dies...doesnt cut out intermittently at all...goes from playing to off. When I turn the HU off, I dont hear the amp clicking off either.

Mine did this once or twice when I first hooked it up, I wrote it off as the heat did it, it was during out record-breaking summer.

yea, we discussed it in the fap box a little today. it is either a huge voltage drop causing it to go into protect or it is overheating.

Mine did it once that I know of, and the second time may have just been the shitty xplode seizing up and frying. I haven't ran anything since the xplode went out.