Single Din Head Unit

No1Limit

Nov 29, 2012
Maine
Its a slightly older unit, but I used to have one of these;
Pkg JVC KD AVX2 TV 3 5" Monitor CD DVD EQ Stereo Player KVC PD100 iPod Adapter | eBay

It was awesome! I absolutely loved that headunit. I hadn't been pleased with either of the 2 pioneer headunits I had after that, now Im back with a JVC and completely pleased. I checked their website and they don't make a current version of it anymore, but I was completely pleased with it. I do want to say they did make it one model newer, where the screen was on one side, not the middle but the one I posted is the one I had.

Power acoustik is garbage. Get yourself either a pioneer, alpine, or a kenwood and never look back. I've owned both a kenwood and currently a pioneer and love it. Just check best buy every once in a while you can pick up a pioneer single din for $50-60

Pioneer makes great single din head units
Kenwoods are good but a little more complicated as far as the features and adjusting the eq and things of that nature

Plus, I have heard of clearance issues with flip out screen and shifter levers. Ive seen some pretty nice digital media receivers from kenwood with little screens and such. But for me I can handle the flip out, so I'm waiting to scoop up a Clarion flip out

i would do the swap to put a double din in, theres a write up somewhere .

If anything I'd do the plumbers strap method then modify the stock bezel but that's such a bitch but if you wanna do a complete 03+ swap you're gonna sink a good amount of money in it

Sent from Buck Tooth Betty

If anything I'd do the plumbers strap method then modify the stock bezel but that's such a bitch but if you wanna do a complete 03+ swap you're gonna sink a good amount of money in it

Sent from Buck Tooth Betty

Just get a radio bucket/dash bezel from a salvage yard and you don't have to modify anything for a DD in a 99-02.

Wish I would have known a month or so ago, I had a Pioneer DEH-P8400BH that I pulled from my NBS that I would have given you. I pretty much gave it away to some fuckhead from Craigslist anyways.