SLE to LTZ

RVFR

Feb 21, 2014
Being some what new here I want to first say Hi, Nice site, long time friend of the GMC/Chevy line of trucks. In that this has me asking a question here. I currently have a 06 GMC1500 MAX SLE. I like the 07+ Chev LTZ interior better, the whole package, gauges, dash, the center console, the whole thing and was wondering if they would swap out if I was to find say a wreak ltz where the interior wasn't messed up. any one know? Second question is how much of a PITA is fixing the lumbar in the seats, the driver in mine has popped and now doesn't work. Googling it says there's a cable hook up thing that breaks. ok anyone fix this? Thanks

No, different body styles. The interior won't just swap over. Everything under the dash would have to be modified to accept the new parts. Not to mention reprogramming electronics to work with the new dash and stereo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure it's possible. Just sounds like more headache than it's worth. you can swap the seats in and maybe the console pretty easily however.

I'm sure it's possible. Just sounds like more headache than it's worth. you can swap the seats in and maybe the console pretty easily however.

Yep, that's the most that I would see as a semi direct fit. The console would have to be modded to fit up to the dash flush, but I'd see that as the easiest way to get some newer stuff in the truck.

But...I prefer 03-06 seats over 07-13.

Id say swap the console with this current seats. Mold that to the original dash. And esky gauges to change the look up a bit.

Captain seats in front and back (assuming you have a crew cab) and 2 ltz consoles with the rear console molded to the back of the front console. Then esky gauges and shifter, leather swap, and leds. Painted plastics would be cool too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Nice to know guys. thanks this interior swap was a thought I had once I knew the ltz and or I'm sure there's a GMC version. I prefer the layout of the lower dash and gauges and how the center flows in the LTZ. I like my seats they aren't an issue less the lumbar adjustment thingamajig popped and now it just makes noise,so figured some plastic hook up thing broke, It is what I found out is the norm in a Google search. Only other thing that bugs me is the center consul lid only opens from the driver side lifting right, were it looks like that in the LTZ is a pull from the front meaning it can be done easily from either side. which would be nice. Interesting that there is that much difference between to two, Hmm?? Darn.. ok guess it's a gauge trim new look thing for now. Any other thoughts bring em on.. ;)

yeah i like the 03-07c seats feel better than my new denali, but they are weaker... i was wearing a bolster totally out every 15,000 miles or so... nnbs seats seem tougher

yeah i like the 03-07c seats feel better than my new denali, but they are weaker... i was wearing a bolster totally out every 15,000 miles or so... nnbs seats seem tougher

I have 180,000 on mine, they still feel and look good to me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine would flatten and rip about every 15k... I never knew why. I'm 260lbs if that makes a difference

I'm 220lbs, been driving it since 80,000 miles. Previous driver was over 300lbs. Maybe just the way you get in the truck or something. I have noticed more wear lately, but no tearing.

I'm 220lbs, been driving it since 80,000 miles. Previous driver was over 300lbs. Maybe just the way you get in the truck or something. I have noticed more wear lately, but no tearing.

Maybe so... I try to step on the sill and hop out in my new truck but in my old one I just kinda slid out lol. I would snag the seat control panel alot