tailgate caps

06_LowTie

HID+
Apr 2, 2013
Bear, Delaware, United States
Will a NNBS tailgate cap fit on a NBS tailgate? Got one out in the garage just chillin and dunno if i feel like rippin the old one off and then the damn thing not fitting. The one i got on my truck now doesnt have the lil spoiler off the back its just the thin cap but the NNBS has that little lip on her. Anyone know before i find out the hardway?

Ya they fit. The members James Pate and Slicksierra have a nnbs cap on their trucks. Slick's is the flat smooth one, and I think James's the little wing you have.

However I don't believe the holes lined up exactly from the winged cap, so you'll have to drill NEW ones IIRC
Edit. If you have the flat smooth cap now then you shouldn't have holes anyway lol

sent from your HTC Rezound

No even the flat smooth caps have screw holes. Nothing is different because GMC's came with them and silverados had the wing and the tailgates are identical.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

Ooooo I see. Now that you say it I do remember because slick said his nnbs flat cap was big enough to cover his nbs flat cap holes

sent from your HTC Rezound

Sexual! Had to re-drill the inside holes but the outside holes matched up perfect, what do you guys think!

redrill_zps0b2be5d4.jpg

new holes drilles and plus nutted

tailcap_zps4128bec6.jpg

finished product

im likey painted bumpers over roll pans any day. some pans can be pulled off nicely, but usually the color matched bumper gets the :up: :imo:

Picking up a new gate tomorrow. contemplating which cap to run. NNBS had is best for protection but 99-02 NBS wing look good, SSS caps are sexy but idk if i like the wing NNBS on NBS

Last edited:
SSS caps not that expensive. I had 3 at one point.

EDIT: I have 3 lol the other one I had is now on a large SBM truck. :secret:

Last edited:
I hate SSS caps, hate chevy/gmc 99-02 caps and the NNBS caps... love my 03-07classic silvy cap... might get a NNBS cap to smooth and paint like a ISS wing or will just order one of those...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2