Thinking of leveling down

Tylers88

3 GM's and a Jeep
Apr 16, 2012
Clarion, IA
As the title says I have been kicking around the idea of leveling my 04 CC 4x4 down, not sure why, but I had a couple questions. How close will removing the rear block get it to level? I wouldn't need different shocks would I? I was think Nitto NT 420S tires in 275/55R20, are these a decent tire? How are they in wet weather, I'm not worried about snow I have my 265 AT/s on my stockers for that and hunting season. I wouldn't I would have rubbing issues with 275s on Tahoe 20s would I?

This is the truck in question.
picture.php

I would suggest looking into some shackles as well was the blocks then if the back is a little lower adjust with torsion bars, this was my truck with removed blocks and shackles..stock up front on 305/40/22
IMAG0548.jpg

As for shocks, no need for aftermarket

I would suggest looking into some shackles as well was the blocks then if the back is a little lower adjust with torsion bars, this was my truck with removed blocks and shackles..stock up front on 305/40/22
IMAG0548.jpg

As for shocks, no need for aftermarket

Also 275/55s clear up to like a 2/4 drop, jared is running 275/55s on his

Thanks, your truck looks good, better now that its lower. I wish my truck was 2wd sometimes so I could have the same stance as Colyn. I figured the shocks and tires would be fine just wanted to make sure. I am going to pull the blocks then see how level it sits, if need be I will get shackles.

drop that bitch, dont be scurred

Dont want to slam it, sometime it will get taller. I just want something cheaper that will make it look different, I had 4 sets of wheels and 6 sets of tires on my 88 in 2 1/2 years. I would like to get 66ish Chevy 2wd for a toy.

Thanks, your truck looks good, better now that its lower. I wish my truck was 2wd sometimes so I could have the same stance as Colyn. I figured the shocks and tires would be fine just wanted to make sure. I am going to pull the blocks then see how level it sits, if need be I will get shackles.

Thanks, you can still have the stance that colyn has, Hell I'm almost there now..just takes a few more parts on a 4x4 lol
You would definitely like it that low as long as you get a good helper setup