Time for a Alarm/Ignition Switch

bgray

Stylish Canadian
Mar 17, 2012
Onterrible, Canada
Hey everyone.

NBS thefts run rampant around here, and until now I didnt care if My CC was stolen and insurance would cover the cost and Id Move on. However now after doing the body work, getting wrapped soon, and my nice wheels going on, Id like to keep it outta the hands of the local wagon burners.

I had Viper 2 ways in the past, but im wondering if there is a better option? Possibly someone has wired in a ignition cut off before? Or should I just run another 2 way pager?

Looking for some suggestions. Would like to keep the cost below 1g installed.

i have an ignition cutoff under my dash, that also disables my alarm if i manually unlock with the key if fob goes dead. there is also a cutoff triggered if the hood is opened up while idling from remote start. my buddy who installed the alarm did all of it for me though, cost $100 for the install, plus the $200 for the alarm. i can try and get more info from him, but something tells me if scotty sees this he'll probably know and chime in

You can wire as many kill switches as you want. You can even wire a "ghost switch" which is a relay triggered by an existing circuit. For instance, you would have to turn on the headlights in order to start the vehicle.

You can wire as many kill switches as you want. You can even wire a "ghost switch" which is a relay triggered by an existing circuit. For instance, you would have to turn on the headlights in order to start the vehicle.

I like this idea. One of these days when I'm done with school I'm going to get you to beef up the security on mine.

I want this!

I wish I was closer to scotty I want a push button ignition in mine along with security, and remote start..... I want the button out of the new maximas...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

Everytime this thread pops up I think about how I need to look into getting Scotty to beef up the security on mine for sure.

Last edited:
I like this idea. One of these days when I'm done with school I'm going to get you to beef up the security on mine.

I need to look into getting Scotty into beefing up the security on mine for sure.

:eek:rly: :rofl:

yah i bought keyed ignition cylinder, and im going to install it under the dash somewhere. Keys in truck will run, keys out no start

:notbad: guess you never plan on installing a remote start?

sent from your HTC Rezound

:eek:rly: :rofl:

:notbad: guess you never plan on installing a remote start?

sent from your HTC Rezound

Kiss my ass lol....I edited, it's just what pops in my head every time I see the thread. I just need to talk to him about what all is needed.