Torsion bar casting numbers?

a-fuso

GMC Owner
Mar 28, 2012
CA
So I've seen the list on here of the torsion bar codes. http://www.gmfullsize.com/tech/torsion401.html

But those are the rpo codes for them. Does anybody have a list of the actual numbers and casting codes in the end of the bars and how they correspond to the rpo letters. I have a set of bars in my truck now that is sagging, and trying to figure out if the bars I found to replace them are stronger or lighter than what I have now, before I put them in and try them.

Ps. My factory RPO codes say 6YH and 7YH

I know that /\/\,
but how can I tell looking at a bar that doesn't have the part number sticker on it anymore. The one end always has two letters and 3 numbers. But there's no list that I can find saying what they are.

Example: My current bars say SM 050 and the other set I have says KL 292 on the ends of them, but those don't match the list anywhere

I know that /\/\,
but how can I tell looking at a bar that doesn't have the part number sticker on it anymore. The one end always has two letters and 3 numbers. But there's no list that I can find saying what they are.

Example: My current bars say SM 050 and the other set I have says KL 292 on the ends of them, but those don't match the list anywhere

Like i said they should say GL or GK at the tip of them casted in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah none of them match up. From what I found those are just casting numbers, same way that all 3 keys have the same casting number and it helps the truck diy'er none.

I ended up going to the junk yard and found a set of GK bars from an obs suburban that was never cranked, $40 later I'm back in business with a better riding/handling truck