u-bolts

bradywells11

Jun 11, 2012
crandall tx
i have a 07 classic crew cab
6cd0561b-5cc3-946e.jpg

i just bought a 5/7 drop, and i have the 4x4 ubolts & 2" block in the back now. will i need to buy some 2wd ubolts to work with the flip kit. or will mine be ok?
the kit is djm

I dont believe any flip kit comes with new ones, my mcg flip said " use stock ubolts". Idk how much difference there is tho between 2wd and 4wd ubolts.

Mcgaughys flip kits don't come with u-bolts, Im unsure with DJM though. For Mcgaughys you just reuse what you currently have.. If they are too long, just trim them :imo:

The flip kit should come with new u-bolts. Besides, the flip kit will use round u-bolts instead of the stock square u-bolts.

idk if 4x4 u bolts will have thread all the way down the shaft :cheeky: i said shaft

but srsly, they might not work if theyre not threaded all the way down.

If the kit doesn't come with them you will need 2wd u bolts, I went to a junk yard and got some stock ones for like $12, the 4wd u blots arent threaded far enough

If the kit doesn't come with them you will need 2wd u bolts, I went to a junk yard and got some stock ones for like $12, the 4wd u blots arent threaded far enough

Again, his DJM flip kit does not reuse stock u-bolts, it uses round u-bolts...