viper 5901

juanr_08

Apr 2, 2012
I have that viper 5901 installed on my nbs for a while now, only problem is when I want to remote started the truck wont start on the first time, ill let it cycle itself and will turn on the second time, but noticed this only happens when truck is cold, what you guys think is the issue here

had it do that once, after the wreck. Worked on the second try. I'm not a fan overall of my 5901, mainly the keyfob

you think maybe the battery just doesn't have enough ass?

sometimes it forgets the cycle of how long it needs to crank to fire. you need to reset it which you can find in the manual. it something like holding the valet button for x amount of time then firing motor and once it fires you let go or some shit. it'll be good from there

^^This. Its a programming issue. Just have it programmed to crank for a tenth or two tenths of a second longer and it should be good. You will need an installation manual to do this. If you do not have an installation manual, search on Google to download one. You can find one on the12volt.com but you will have to join to download it.

I appreciated guys, gonna try to do it this weekend and let yall know how it went.