Viper alarm problem

baldd86

Mar 9, 2012
I have a viper 5901 (I believe), and for the past two nights it has just gone off for no reason. I have had this alarm for over 2 years and has worked good for me. It will literally go of like crazy at night and its driving me crazy, its on my 04 sierra ext cab. What could it be.

sent from a Sammy Epic

I really don't know about alarms, would I just need the $50 module or the whole alarm?

sent from a Sammy Epic

Have your battery checked/tested to rule that out first. I see a LARGE percentage of alarm problems caused by bad batteries or batteries that are starting to go bad. Voltage fluctuations and drops can make an alarm go fucking haywire. Don't assume your battery is 100% fine just because it hasn't left you stranded and it always starts your truck. It could have just one bad cell in it and cause a bunch of problems. Most auto parts stores can test it for you without even removing it from the vehicle, and they usually don't charge anything to test it.

Thanks for the replies, going to test the battery right now and go from there.

sent from a Sammy Epic

I took the battery off but didn't have time to take it to autozone. I did notice the truck hesitated when I started it in the morning

sent from a Sammy Epic