Welsh907's winter build

And this has nothing to do with my build, but this is my friend David clay's truck. Bagged obs 4x4 with a nnbs front clip. He'll be helping me along the way of my build. Not man bagged trucks up here, so you've gotta keep them close as friends
a7y3eteb.jpg

I would really consider changing your tire selection to a 275/30/24. The difference it price is well worth it and the tire will sit more flush on the rim instead of being much wider than the wheel like the 295/30/24's.

Also the thing about 2 5 gallon tanks, I run 1 5 gallon tank on my family's full size and have no complaints. The air is always there and takes me less than 2 minutes for my tank to be filled. Plus I get to have the tank, compressors, valves, and 2 battery's all under my short bed bed floor. If you plan to play with your switches a ton, I guess you want more air, but damn man, we aren't mini truckers.

I would really consider changing your tire selection to a 275/30/24. The difference it price is well worth it and the tire will sit more flush on the rim instead of being much wider than the wheel like the 295/30/24's.

Also the thing about 2 5 gallon tanks, I run 1 5 gallon tank on my family's full size and have no complaints. The air is always there and takes me less than 2 minutes for my tank to be filled. Plus I get to have the tank, compressors, valves, and 2 battery's all under my short bed bed floor. If you plan to play with your switches a ton, I guess you want more air, but damn man, we aren't mini truckers.

My biggest reason for wanting that big tire is because I don't play well. I'm hard on stuff and drive my truck hard.

And what I'll probably end up doing is running one tank, see how it works. And order a second tank if I need it. I'm sure ill play with switches a lot since it'll be my first bagged ride.

What's up with people running nitrogen? I've never heard of that before....

A 295/30/24 only gives you .25" more sidewall man. I would go with the better look. If you play that hard that a 275/30/24 isn't going to save your rim, that extra .25" isn't going to help shit either.

here's 275/30/24 on 24x9.5
2010-03-06175251.jpg

295/30/24 will be 3/4" wider and your wheels are .5" narrower than mine. that 5/8" overhang on the outer lip. 5/8" is 15.875mm, so what you will have to do is treat your +38 offset wheels like +22mm. that is going to make your 1.75" per side extremely sketchy after you body drop it.

Last edited:
INever really thought about that. I'm running a 255/30/24 right now so ill probably run that for a summer and then swap to a 275/30/24.

Thanks for all your knowledge Tukn4s
:shake:

Next questions,

What bag should I run bagged and bodied with EKMW front and the kp rear?

What are the pros and cons of running nitrogen tanks? Seems like a cool substitute to compressors, but a pain to refill.

i have slam re7s on mine an i have the kp 6link..... any bag will rub on the link bar an rub throw over time on the 6link if that's what your going with... nitrogen dosent last long lf you like to lay out all the time.. if you go with compressor viair 480s are kick ass set them up with a 200 psi pressure witch an they will last along time..

Last edited:
I've had just about every bag out in the last 5 years and the dominators II win hands down. Re-7's will be fine out back. You'll have plenty of lift out of them. The shocks will effect the ride more than anything out back

I've had just about every bag out in the last 5 years and the dominators II win hands down. Re-7's will be fine out back. You'll have plenty of lift out of them. The shocks will effect the ride more than anything out back

Cool. Have you had any trouble with rubbing through bags with your kp 6?

No, it will take consistent rising almost laid out for the bar to rub through the bag. When the bag has little to no air in it, the bar just pushes the bag, it doesn't really rub against it.

Awesome. So glad you guys have all this information.

Next item,

Mounting my accuair, tank and compressors.

I REALLY do not want my accuair stuff in the bed. I also Do not want it under the bed because i really want easy access for it.

What i was thinking, is I had planned to remove my rear seat (have never used it) and build a sub box to take up the space, but then mount my VU4, tank and ecm all on top of the box, then mount my compressors in the bed and run the leader hoses through the back of the cab to the tank.

Any ideas on this?

I figured I could run my exhaust back out the cab so it isn't so loud.