What battery?

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
What battery do you recommend as a replacement? My yellow top Optima is on it's last leg. I really do not want another Optima...needs to be top and side post!

Last edited:
optima is shit. Die hard platinum 34/78DT is what you want. Same as an odessy battery.

Tiki, it is between die hard, Interstate, and a duralast right now. Deka would be nice, but I think it may be overkill.

after much research, i found that the die hard produced the most CCA, longest warranty, best construction, and best overall reliability.

edit: die hard NOT duralast

Last edited:
My family runs interstate in everything and have never had a problem. in all our pickups, trucks, and equipment

Do not buy an optima, I have had 2 in the last 18 months, and I think I'm going for my 3rd soon, (I also haz yellow top)

sent from a Sammy Epic

lolz. No it should say die hard. I was on a conference call to Singapore so my brain is a little fried :facepalm:

I have an Interstate in my 04 and it has been a great battery, did have to get it warrantied 1 time. I bought it and ran it in my 88 for about 6 months got 04 so 88 sat for a couple months and froze so it was my fault the battery went bad. The 88 had a 1500-1800 watt stereo and the battery was holding up fine to it.

Brett got a bad ass battery that i wanted to get, shits reliable, i just cant think of the name