Important!: What is this caused by

egentry2991

Dec 6, 2013
e3aqeqe4.jpg

What causes this its in my oil cap

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Pretty common for 4.8/5.3 caps, but yours i a bit re yellow. Seen it alot

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

He's had 4 silvys, I've changed the oil in hundreds, I'm not saying it's a good sign, or there's not a problem, just that it's not uncommon to see. You should be able to find some answers on Google

He's had 4 silvys, I've changed the oil in hundreds, I'm not saying it's a good sign, or there's not a problem, just that it's not uncommon to see. You should be able to find some answers on Google

All 5 silverados I see on the regular basis have a varying degree of this. Mine isn't bad but it's there. Never had much concern in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almost put money on cracked cylinder heads. "Castech" heads crack and leak coolant. Remove ur valve covers and rockers...look for a casting mark that looks like a battery. If you have that mark, chances are the head is cracked where it bolts to the block.

Look familiar?
03GMCSierraHeads028.jpg

2010-06-30_143924_1860181.gif

Damn I Dnt like the sounds of this it is in a 07 gmc 5.3 I have no experience with takin the covers off or getting that far into it I just changed oil it was little darker than usual unless im just paranoid but didn't seem to have any water in it I cleaned cap gonna keep a eye on it and see if it comes back

Damn I Dnt like the sounds of this it is in a 07 gmc 5.3 I have no experience with takin the covers off or getting that far into it I just changed oil it was little darker than usual unless im just paranoid but didn't seem to have any water in it I cleaned cap gonna keep a eye on it and see if it comes back

You have the oil consumption issue too?

Sent through an underground drug tunnel of Tijuana