Wheel help. No flaming plz.

BigBoi

Mar 14, 2012
St George SC
Im rolling nnbs steel stockers. They look like shit. Paint is fading and rubbed completely off in several areas. What would be the best way to remedy this? Local PC guy wants $85 a piece to PC them. Ive used cheap spray paint on previous wheels that didn't turn out well at all. Anybody got any halfway cheap ideas?

I know I'm cheap. Don't point it out.

Truck is dark blue with black w/t bumpers so I'd really like to darken the wheels. Maybe like a gunmetal.

Last edited:
Is that DuPont in a rattle can or it would have to be sprayed?

I've used Plasti Dip on a previous vehicle for trim pieces. It held up fairly well for the 6 months it was on there. Any firsthand experience on wheels?

Rino line them like I did with my dodge. shit was rock hard and didnt chip off.
428291_3033988006915_738105403_n.jpg

Is that DuPont in a rattle can or it would have to be sprayed?

I've used Plasti Dip on a previous vehicle for trim pieces. It held up fairly well for the 6 months it was on there. Any firsthand experience on wheels?

Not first hand, but everywhere I've read people don't really seem to have a problem with it on there rims. Plus if you don't like, just peel off.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

Rustoleum high performance enamel imo used it on the stockers on an old truck I had..shit held up great, never chipped or faded or anything

Wash them with soapy water, scuff with scotch brite, clean again, spray 3 or so coats of semi gloss and I think I cleared them too but maybe not..I know I did 1 set without clear and they held up just as good

Sounding like a hot option.

Now I just gotta figure out what I'm gonna do about the center caps. The silver pastic ones. It's looks like shit with them off but I think it'll look tacky if they're painted. And I've heard that painted plastic looks different than metal painted the same color.

I think it all depends on the paint, I painted my plastic center caps on those wheels and they matched

True.

I guess if I was just going to a darker "gunmetal" color i could tape off the stickers and lug covers and paint the caps.