Will I NEED shocks right away for this drop?

DaddyFerg

Feb 7, 2014
I have 2" drop shackles on my 2003 silverado. I was going to buy 2" drop hangers, and I know that eventually I will get drop shocks, but I didn't know if it was REQUIRED or just recommended. Please help. Also some good brands to go with the hangers.
Thank you all.

I am for sure going to do hanger kit. So it'll be 4" in the back. So just to reassure, drop shocks are highly recommended? And any links to good ones would help.

just take them off matt. i have no bump stops on any of my trucks.

I wouldn't recommend that on any setup. A good bumpstop is an integral part. I don't even really like the pancake flat poly bumps but if you're low on clearance they're better than nothing.
If I were just shackles, I'd remove OE metal bracket (do 2wds have the bracket between frame and bump?) and drill hole in frame to reuse stock OE bump cuz they are nice!

Id have to look under there again but last time I looked there is only like 2 inches between the bottom of the stop and the top of the axle, and that on 4x4 with just drop shackles, next I'm gonna pull the block and de-crank the front when its time for new rolling stock so I will have to do something about the bump stops then

Id have to look under there again but last time I looked there is only like 2 inches between the bottom of the stop and the top of the axle, and that on 4x4 with just drop shackles, next I'm gonna pull the block and de-crank the front when its time for new rolling stock so I will have to do something about the bump stops then

Oh you are 4wd? Yeah yank that block outta there!! and just remove that bumpstop frame bracket, then cutoff just the first step of the bumps top and remount and you'll be golden.

i ran 5/7 on my OBS with no bump stops. when i hit huge holes it def slamed but most of the time i was fine, your not near that low.

My axle has never slapped my frame :cheeky: Srs its never done that....

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk Pro

Your going to be at 4 inches drop with the hangers and shackles so I would highly advise you go with lowered shocks or you will be bottoming out the stockers.

yes he could go with the brackets but the oem shocks are usually toast by 30k, at least the last two trucks I have had they were.