Huck's 2006 Sierra Crew

Why would you go to 6500k if the 6000k are too blue?

Sent from the 4.hate using tapaturd
:shrug: Good question. TRS only has 4300, 5000, and 6500. I had 6000k from VVME and TRSs 6500s are almost pure white. Maybe it's the projector?
lol okay makes sense now, youll change them eventually

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Probably. Just gonna have to find time, so probably not till like mid winter when we literally can't go outside lol

Forgot to post these pics last night. Rear shocks were long gone. I was basically just riding on the leafs
5e69e9c10a43b750296306ed063807a5.jpg

New new
11f3529a0a74712373b94f6be3c06993.jpg

:shrug: Good question. TRS only has 4300, 5000, and 6500. I had 6000k from VVME and TRSs 6500s are almost pure white. Maybe it's the projector?

VVME is one of the cheaper HID retailers unfortunately. They're not necessarily as "faithful" to their colour temperatures as TRS's Morimoto line would be. I know for a fact that DDM 6000K looks almost like an 8000K. They get even more blue to them when you install them in a projector. A projector will ALWAYS give your light output a little more of a blue hue. I'm running 5500K Morimoto's right now, and they're pure white. In my MiniH1's, they looked more like a 6500K though, and I had to order 6000K VLED LED's to match lol.

That is very true, I figured the VVMEs were gonna be bluer than an actual 6000k but I figured being 6500k the morimotos would match pretty close. Gonna just order morimotos for the fogs so they match.

Now I just need to sand, polish, and clear the 3rd brake light Tony gave me or trade the one from my dad's work truck cuz it's immaculate. And I'll probably order new fog housings soo cuz they look gritty now with the new headlights/corners

Looks good dude, both of my headlights were a little crooked also. I just "adjusted" the bracket that they mount to a little and it fixed it.

I LOVE these 5100s. I only have the rears on right now but holy shit they changed the ride of the truck so much. Hoping to get the fronts on this weekend

What kind of change in the ride did they do? Smoother and less rictety sounding when you go over bumps and such? I feel like my shocks are probably shit, not sure if they would really make THAT much of a difference though. I have those same red/black booted ones. Only 81K on them, put with how some of the other crap on this truck has worn, I wouldnt be surprised if they are "premature"

I LOVE these 5100s. I only have the rears on right now but holy shit they changed the ride of the truck so much. Hoping to get the fronts on this weekend
Just ordered a set of 5100s last night. I've got 148k on the stock shocks so I can't wait to see the difference.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

What kind of change in the ride did they do? Smoother and less rictety sounding when you go over bumps and such? I feel like my shocks are probably shit, not sure if they would really make THAT much of a difference though. I have those same red/black booted ones. Only 81K on them, put with how some of the other crap on this truck has worn, I wouldnt be surprised if they are "premature"
I bought my truck at 74k, has ~94k now. They were probably pretty well shot when I bought it a year ago, the truck is just more controlled now. Big dips would really upset the truck and it would cycle the suspension too much before. It's still a stiff ride, but it's smoother and much more controlled.

Well worth the money. I got mine off ebay from a 4 wheel parts in TX somewhere. Was cheaper to buy them all individually, was like 260something for all 4

Last edited:
Thats not a bad deal at all. Mine dont have the typical bad shock signs where the truck is super bouncy and continue for down the road, but at decent speeds if it hits a bump or dip in the road man it gets sketchy fast. might be something to look into in the spring, even though I want to keep money into it as little as possible now.

I still haven't found time to do the fronts but man what a difference just the rears made. Could just buy 2 at a time

I bought my truck at 74k, has ~94k now. They were probably pretty well shot when I bought it a year ago, the truck is just more controlled now. Big dips would really upset the truck and it would cycle the suspension too much before. It's still a stiff ride, but it's smoother and much more controlled.

Well worth the money. I got mine off ebay from a 4 wheel parts in TX somewhere. Was cheaper to buy them all individually, was like 260something for all 4

:imo: rougher and smoother at same time, can feel dips and whatnot a little more but it's just dip, down, up, stable again much better control. I have aired the Jeep out with mine and it wasn't bad at all(way better than the 04 with rough county 2.0s anyway and I didn't hate those) and Yea 4wp has the best price on them if you buy the set

Definitely not rougher for me. My rear shocks were shot for both compression and rebound. One of them I could move in and out with 1 hand easily, the other was a pogo stick. Hitting any decent sized bump or pothole hurt bad. Still does on the front end, but they're not quite as bad cuz they're somewhat newer rough country's