RCSB Derpamax Build

I want the iPad dash bad! I watch amplified all the time...so he got me hooked on the idea. Just can't figure out how to make it all fit. I'm gonna watch your build and see how you do it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Doug is hilarious. I wish the NBS trucks were more ipad friendly as far as placement goes.

Didn't know it was possible to convert the 880's to 9005's. Do the bases match?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cut the 880 bases off and soldered 9005 plugs on.

He probably wired in new bases.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yep

So a 9005 bulb with an 880 base?

nope

No

:fp:

Snipped the 880 base off and soldered on a 9005 base. That way it works with the 9005 socket on the gmc fogs

lol

that ipad mount is going to be slick, can't wait to see it in the truck!

Sent from my MaxiPad using Tapacrap

Yeah, I've got a couple dash pieces so I'm going to try to suck it down a bit so it's not hanging up in the air like that.

Would love to have iPad in truck. Yet my skills prevent me from moving forward in such a project.

You just need a dremel, 2 part epoxy, CA glue, kitty hair, finishing glaze/putty, sand paper and time. I made a few iPad mounts from fiberglass for other projects, they aren't hard to make but I like Soundman's injection molded piece and their quick release design.

Last edited:
Does it matter what year bezel you use? I have an extra one, saw a howto video awhile back on YouTube, would just hate to fuck up a $200 piece of plastic.

Just cut slow :jester: That plastic will be mostly unchanged. You just have to cut the hole and then do the filler work around it to make it look decent.

Got some leds today. Just waiting on connectors so I don't have to unsolder stuff if I have to take interior out for some reason

bagedegy.jpg

Rgb is to light up my toolbox top to make working on stuff easier on the box top

5k white are for the bed and behind the seats so I can see back there

Last edited:
as for turbo's, I was mostly talking about the 72mm. It will light but not near as quick as the 65mm. PLus the 65mm just screams and is very very high pitch. LOVE IT!

72 would light just fine still.

RGB Above my tool box:

samy2eja.jpg

zu3u5uru.jpg

huqy3ezu.jpg

Last edited:
The first setup I relocated my ac controls to the center console and had the iPad horizontally there. It was a slider setup. No headunit. Volume control was through a JL line driver.

The second setup was in the center console right where the two cigarette lighter and storage cubby are. Side slider with a double din headunit for volume control and Bluetooth.

Both setups used a jail broken iPad for a Bluetooth gps dongle

Sent from my Stealth Lookin iPhone using Tapaturd

I gotcha. It was either ipad or appradio 3. Going to try the ipad mini setup.

What didn't you like about it?

Damn the truck looks great and Love what you are doing to it.

Keep up the good work Corrny.

Also more info on the led lights when you get those wired in. I may do that for my bed cover when I open it :hmm:.

I gotcha. It was either ipad or appradio 3. Going to try the ipad mini setup.

What didn't you like about it?

To be honest the only thing I didn't like about was since it's an average of 105 here during the summer the iPad would turn off until it cooled enough. Didn't matter if I left in the dash or under the rear seat.

To be honest the only thing I didn't like about was since it's an average of 105 here during the summer the iPad would turn off until it cooled enough. Didn't matter if I left in the dash or under the rear seat.

I see. Even in the summer my trucks stay pretty cool with all the window tint. If it is a problem I would either hook my ipod up or put the mini in my side pocket of my lunch box.