Bagged NBS Thread (99-07c) Pics & Discussion 123123

truck1.png

A8697454-8248-4923-AC41-6C13384FF1A1.jpg

image.jpg

8167BB7B-277F-4824-AEC0-6DD349021030.jpg

Well, it looks like I will be bagging my crew cab if it doesn't sell. I've had too many BS offers, and junk trades, or things that I wasn't interested in.

So, now to start gathering info...

Dual 480s. Unless you plan on having another compressor with the ob2. That way you have a back up in case of a compressor failure.

Sent from nowhere

id say one compressor is fine... Except, i think you can get away with one because even if you get stuck all aired out you should have enough in your tank to get up and go anywhere for the rest of the day. But you're going to want to swap it out ASAP. Meaning you should have a backup on hand anyway, and at that point why not just have it mounted on truck? However, if you have no leaks you could make it the rest of the week without needing air, and if you have fill valve on your tank you could fill at home every night if you have leaks. IMO I like having redundancy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Running one compressor on a daily is not a good idea. Things will happen, guaranteed. One ob2 is almost the same price and draws the same current as 2 Viair 480's. So at that point I will always take 2 compressors over one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. I was just curious as to the benefits of the single compressor working as well as two, and down the road adding another.

I just didn't want to run into issues filling my tanks, and it taking forever. So, a 5 gallon tank I was looking at is actually 3.5 gal by volume. I'm thinking about finding an 8 gal, or running (2) 5 gal tanks. I hear some of you talk about how your tanks work fine for you, but I'm pretty sure I will play around a lot in the begging since I'll be new to the whole "bagged" thing. I'd rather get it right in the beginning, thoughts?

Still trying to figure out exactly what rear setup I will do. I will probably have you, Brett, narrow lcas.

Don't run one 8 gallon tank. Run 2 5 gallons

8 gallon tanks are huge. You can fit 2 5 gallon tanks much easier under the bed unseen.

make sense. Thoughts on the best location? I was thinking about the back where my spare tire was. Maybe both angled with a plate in the middle holding the vu4? Comps in front of it? I'm looking online for ideas. I want to have it as easy to get to if the truck is aired out as possible. I'll be carrying a jack around, but I like the thought of easy access, but out of the way from possible tampering.

I would run both tanks on the inside of the frame just straight across. Then place both compressors at the back of the frame. With the solenoid on the between them. I have a flip down license plate, where I can clamp a set of jumper cables or battery charger directly to solenoid and force the compressors to run. That way, nothing can be seen outside the frame rails

suggestion on gauges? Dakota is outrageous, but I want digital. Should I get one with all 4 sides and one for the tank?